Thursday 12 February 2015

Art Hits the Wall

I received an email this week from Linda A, coordinator of Art Hits The Wall. My art quilt has been accepted and along with 20 other works (quilted or rug-hooked) will be displayed in several art galleries in NS during the coming year. This year's topic was "Presenting Myself". My first attempt was large intertwining curved fabric sections depicting a piano keyboard, words flowing from a typewriter / computer, family trees ..... and then I stopped! It was getting really complicated and I realized, as busy as I am, my life is not as complicated as it was while I worked. My life is relatively organized and so I created "On The Shelf"

Books show my love of reading, writing and music. The photos are the most important people in my life, a typewriter to depict writing (although I do use a computer, but that looks boring in a quilt) a tea pot and mug for my regular tea & coffee breaks, the sewing machine (of course) and a small red apple, a reminder of my teaching without making it a prominent part of my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment