Saturday 14 February 2015

Saturday Studio Cleaning

     What a bright, beautiful and cold day! The calm before the storm. I have spent the week transforming an upstairs bedroom into an office space which meant that my quilting studio could be rearranged and set up for one purpose ... creating (& sewing & quilting)! In the process of cleaning up, I found fabric that I was sure I owned (& ended up buying again because I couldn't find it) and a pair of scissors that had disappeared some time ago.

     The area where the bed now sits was the office area ... it is so nice to have more wall space now that the tall shelving units are gone! I probably should have taken the blanket off so I could properly show the bed quilt ... but the dog has been known to lie there, so her blanket is more important!
     I would have preferred white shelving units for the material and magazines, however these were on sale and available. They are also the perfect height to make a cutting table! I still need to tidy up the design wall and the bulletin boards, but I am sure with the storm coming tomorrow, I will have more than enough time indoors for such pursuits!
     The back wall has CD shelving ... a perfect size for fat quarters which are sitting on another set of the black cube shelving units.
     My next project will be to put in a better lighting system. It looks bright when the sun is shining and reflecting off the snow ... there is a window by the bed and one in the exterior door (just to the right in the 2nd picture) ... but on the frequent cloudy days or in the evening when working with tone on tone threads and fabric, it would be nice to be able to see clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment