Thursday 12 March 2015

Almost Finished

A grandchild takes up a lot of time ... quilting has not been so prevalent the past couple weeks.
I am almost finished a sweater for Charlotte ... just need to figure out the buttons and button holes
 This was a challenge:my third attempt (because the tiny stitches kept falling off the needles and I lost count of the number of stitches I needed before adding the corner increases & then the plastic section on the circular bamboo needles broke.) The sweater is knit all in one piece!!
 Gaspereau Valley Fibres near WolfvilleNS has the pattern and an example of the jacket that caught my eye. My daughter had already purchased the pattern some time ago but had yet to make the sweater.
 I made the pattern with the buttonholes according to the pattern (I thought) ... but something didn't work out. I can see little indents where the button holes should be ... but they aren't big enough for buttons. Hmmm. I will need to work something out.




No comments:

Post a Comment