Sunday 21 June 2015

Bright Lights!

     The lights in my studio came with the house .. builder standard for the basement. The smokey glass did not help in completing tone-on-tone sewing or working in the evening or on rainy days. Because of the 10 foot ceilings, pendant lights over my work spaces would be great. Ikea has such lights ,,, but the nearest Ikea is in Montreal (roughly a 14 hour drive from here) ... I went on a search. I got side-tracked at a local lighting store that had kitchen cabinets too (a lovely grey wood-grain set wanted to come home with me, but no, I was looking for lights.)

     Home Depot had Industrial-looking pendant lights ... I purchased 4 of them and excitedly waited for my daughter's friend to come and put them up for me.  Thank you, Adam. With Eco-friendly Daylight bulbs my basement studio was transformed ... it is bright in my studio!!! So bright, that I didn't even realize the time while working last night. I am not known to be a night owl!!

  I finished off the 80 squares needed for the next bed quilt ... hope I don't need more since I have run out of the main colours. Off-white borders with some of the scraps should work to give the quilt a little more size if needed.
      The first two layout choices are done in diagonal stripes -- one with alternating lighter corners and darker corners facing together to make up another box design in the pattern and the second in which I placed all the darker corners going the same direction. I think I might like the 2nd layout better.
#1
#2
(oops ... I forgot to turn one of the darker blocks ... )
#3


#4
 
     Just for fun, I kept the layout the same but flipped some of the blocks so they alternated with light corners and dark corners together (similar to the first layout)

And now a new problem ... which of the 4 layouts to choose ... patterns # 2 and #3, I prefer, but ...?? 

2 comments:

  1. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing
    Pendant Lights

    ReplyDelete