#3 is Triadic ... 3 colours evenly spaced on the colour wheel. The colours I chose are red, blue and yellow.
#4 is Tetradic: 4 colours which are two sets of complementary colours. In this case I chose, red & green and violet & yellow .... except it showed up blue when I took the picture. :-( The sky is a pale violet ... and looks pale blue. Hopefully when I assemble all the pieces and take the final picture with good lighting, it will be possible to see the proper colours.
# 5 is Split Complementary ... BUT the picture I chose at random was a full sky picture and I wasn't sure how I was going to work in 3 colours on basically a plain picture with a small edge of roof. I outlined the faint clouds in the photo but it still wasn't working for me so I skipped #5 and decided that my sky picture would look better in Challenge #6: Monochromatic. And I can head back and do #5 for the next set of buildings.
So ... #6: Monochromatic: There is already a pale blue sky, a pale yellow sky and a pale violet sky; to change things up, I chose orange for this piece and because I am determined NOT to buy any extra fabric for this challenge, I really had to play around with my stash to get a good gradation of colours. I seem to be a little limited on oranges.
It was at this point I decided that all skies should be quilted the same. I am also trying to match the power lines as best I can although some may jog a wee bit when connected. I think when I figure out how I am going to bind each little quilt, then you won't notice if they are straight lines or not.
I now have the top 3 pieces done and I am beginning to see a proper picture. I have noticed that for one of the houses that I actually chose the same colour twice so I will try to pick something different for the in-between block.
Five pictures done (well, almost done as there are some fine details on the houses around the windows that probably should be added) ... four more to go.