Sunday 3 January 2016

Thread

     I got some pretty good Christmas presents this year ... but the one I had the MOST fun with was a thread holder from Dad & Jan. It holds 120 spools of thread and added to the one I had previously (a mid-sized holder on the right & the two small ones on the bottom, now holding black and white threads) I not only have enough space for ALL my thread, but there are spaces left in case I find a new colour.  I seem to be a little short on yellow ...
     I dumped all the thread from the current holders, out of bowls on the sewing table and  from several zip-loc bags and happily spent an afternoon becoming thread organized.  Today while quilting, I could actually turn around in my chair and pick out the exact colour I needed without any extra searching. I could still sort some more ... from light to dark shades or vice versa, but right now this works sooooo much better than before, I think I will keep it like this for awhile!


No comments:

Post a Comment