Saturday 5 November 2016

Venice continued (Europe 12)

     Great plans often don't get completed within the timeline.
     I had some unexpected company for a week (my daughter from Ontario flew in as a surprise) and Venice got put the side.

     So ... topstitching and appliqueing are done.  The batting and backing were added and today, the  machine quilting will begin (depending on new interruptions)
     More shadows need to be added; I will see what I can do with thread and if that doesn't quite meet my needs, I will add a bit more with Inktense Pencils.
   
    Last weekend, we had a SAQA - Atlantic Canada retreat and I got a chance to work with several mediums, playing around with colour.  The Inktense Blocks were much easier to work with and to blend colours than the pencils, so that is next on my wish list. I should be able to get a set of 24 for under $70 at Curry's.

No comments:

Post a Comment